Monday, January 30, 2012

I'd rather be a comma, than a full stop.

      I did it. I am now a blogger. Now, I did give up FaceBook however, that does not mean I am against all social media. As the wonderful Janelle Marie mentioned in her blog, I was getting a little knocked down with the negativity on FaceBook and the way I would sign off and carry what people were writing with me. There were more times than not that I needed to get off the book because I was annoyed. Why would I get on a site that constantly made my annoyed? Disclaimer: Those that are reading this, 75% of the time you weren't the ones that annoyed me. HAHA! Anyways, the only draw back was that many dear friends informed me they would miss being updated on my life, pics, and breaking news that I posted on FaceBook. So here you go friends, here is a more long-winded and detailed diatribe of my life thus far.
     At the wise age of 26, I have learned a lot in the past year. I think 2012 will be good to me. In December of 2012 I will go back to this post and hopefully not eat my words. Anyhooter...2011 was a good one. I started my first year of teaching eighth graders. I will have many stories/posts I'm sure about the hilarity's that come along with teaching adolescents who ask more questions than thought to be humanly possible. I moved back in with my parents for a short stint and surprisingly, learned to enjoy their quirks and presence much more than I had at the bratty age of 16. John and Colleen (my roomies) will be truly missed.
    February will bring a new home, a change of pace, and hopefully a spring full of bliss. Matt and I are currently training for the Rock the Parkway marathon. This nice weather is a blessing... however, we thought that last year in training for St. Louis and ended up with a solid 5:30 marathon pace due to a massive heat index. Our goal in life is to wipe that rough day out of our minds and demolish every race from this point forward. Well it is 10:00 and WAY past this granny's bed time. This is my first post, hope to try and continue this weekly? Nightly? Whenever I'm inspired? Hope you all enjoy and keep checking on me! Love you and miss you all.

The Dodd family! Quite a few missing, but still great to see everyone.
 Might I add, the newest addition Charlie, and his beautiful
Dodd red hair!!



Matt and I at New Year's

3 comments:

  1. Dodd, like I told Janelle, I am so excited to read and follow you on your journey this 2012. It makes me tear up reading this because it makes me realize how much I really miss my friends. Congrats on the new place and can't wait to see it this spring. Lots of love and happy blogging my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world, Kelc! While I'm not sure I would describe your previous Facebook posts as "breaking news" (I'm specifically recalling the one about the long overdue removal of your belly button ring), it will be fun to follow along. XO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyhooter... haha that's great one.

    ReplyDelete