Posted by Unknown | 9:29 PM |
The adventure started Wednesday, the 1st. "My roommate" and I moved over to our new house in Mission, KS. We thought we were so prepared and ready for this morning that the move would be simple. It definitely was not my most difficult, however, I forget how taxing moving can be. Enough about moving, I'll tell you about our long week and how we are finally settled into our home.
Wednesday I had parent teacher conferences so I was at school til six. My roommate had to work that day and go to class at night. So we tried to get as much done from 7-9 a.m. as possible. This consisted of setting up the bed and dresser in my room. I came home that night to discover we had forgotten that we would need trashcans, paper towels, and most importantly toilet paper. THANK GOD, colleen had found a kleenex box in the closet. Thursday, I worked during the day and came home to tackle the house. We tackled the kitchen and that was about all I had energy for.
Matt and I ran to Wal-Mart to get some things, if anyone knows me at all I am a Target girl. We went to Wal-Mart and I really really really tried to embrace it. But I couldn't. My options were limited and I didn't like what I was settling for. Matt sensed my frustration and said, "Do you want to ditch this cart and go to Target?". I said yes of course and ran like hell to my car to get to my home away from home, Target. Meanwhile, while this is occurring Matt and I are battling with TWC, the cable company.
I will save you from this long tirade, let's just say it wasn't my finest moment. In short.. they tried to switch my appointment time from 8am-5pm Friday, yes that was the time window... to 5-7pm Friday. Well, that was not going to happen. I took off work on Friday for this appointment and did not appreciate the 12 hr notice of the time change. The fiesty redhead in my came out and I got "transferred" twice to no one, so I assume hung up on. I might have said some obscenities and threatened people as much as I thought I could. Low and behold, I got nowhere. Somehow Matt calls back for the third call to TWC and plays Rico Suave and gets the appointment changed to 10am-1pm. But don't worry, karma got TWC in the end when they had to have three guys come out here because the cable was not in the house and yadyada, hence the three trucks in the picture.
Anyways, Friday I "organized" my closets and rooms and it took a little bit longer than I thought it would. At points the house looked dirtier than when I first started organizing, however in the end it's starting to come together. Friday night Matt and I treated John and Colleen to a nice dinner at J. Alexanders to say "THANKS" for letting us rain on their parade for the past 4 months. I know they will miss us hanging out there (and Lincoln) as much as we will miss hanging with them all the time. Good thing they are only 8 minutes away :). We ate some yummy grilled pork tenderloins, salads, and cheese dip. Matt followed up dinner with a girly cappucino and a sugar stick that looked like a popsicle, John and I did not let him live this down.
We were just thinking our move was almost ending, when we realized the coffee table I had did not allow for movement in the family room. We went down to Good JuJu and the other antique shops in the West Bottoms and found our lovely coffee table. At Good JuJu we ran into Janelle, Sadewhite, Lyles and Molner. What a great Saturday morning right?! Seeing all your friends at one place?
The move is coming together and slowly the house is becoming a home. Hopefully all you reading will be able to see it one day.
I wish I had more exciting news to share, but my life the past 4 days have revolved around getting everything settled. Here are some pics, I promise to get some better ones.
 |
| Lincoln is frightened of this flower windmill in our front yard. He will go up to it sniff and run away and growl. Could be one of the cutest things that he has ever done.. |
.JPG) |
| This is it! |
.JPG) |
| Matt and I made these! It was a Pinterest inspired project, and I picked a Bible verse that stuck with me and I think it is fitting for Matt and I. So gushy I know. |
The Pinterest project turned out cute! Can't wait to see more pics of the inside.
ReplyDelete