I know you are all so curious to what I think about things, but hey you get to hear this because you read this. Lately, the media and social media websites have been a buzz with certain things. 1. The election and 2. Kony 2012 and 3. Everything else . I will dissect for you my love and hate relationship with the media and social media outlets, and yes I do realize I'm venting on a social media outlet.
1. The Election. (which led to the FaceBook hiatus)
If you make FaceBook posts blasting your opinion on the election, please stop. Most people that post such things have not done their research and are regurgitating what they heard in a 2 minute sound byte on CNN or, heaven help them, Fox News. I understand celebrating when bills/laws/acts come into effect, like the Kansas happy hour, however I do not need to hear your low blows of Gingrich, Romney, or Santorum. Nor, do I want to see your links to one of the many articles that are dissecting those running for office. The best AND MOST productive thing you can do is to go BE AN EDUCATED VOTER. End of Story :). A true american is an educated and productive voter. Not one who can sit and blast every other nominee on their computer. Even the village idiot can do that. (oops)
2. Kony 2012
Some of you will probably say what's Kony 2012? or hopefully, some of you have seen the mass media coverage on Kony 2012. Celebrities, twitter accounts, FaceBooks, and interviews have been used to promote the anti-Kony agenda. To be be brief, Kony is the leader of the LRA (Lord's Resistance Army)in Uganda. He is abducting children and training them to be in his army, or worse- killing them. This modern day genocide does warrant media attention, and there are some against the media attention it is receiving. I could see both sides, until I read an article on the Kony 2012 movement on Hello Giggles. (Yes, I know). Anyways, the author wrote... to those who are stating kids and many people are just jumping on the social media bandwagon of being "cool against Kony"... that even if they are just jumping on the bandwagon against Kony, at LEAST our society is jumping on a PRODUCTIVE bandwagon, and one that stands for something. It's not so much whiney/occupy'ish/ or anything of the sort, it's people agreeing with the fact that the United States will do something if more of the country is educated enough on the topic. The leaders of the Kony 2012 were smart enough to realize that FaceBook/Twitter/Celebrities is how many people today receive their news/current events.
MY last and final thought with the Kony 2012 movement, is YES I do want the children in Uganda and all of Africa to have a chance and I DO believe that we should stand up for them. I just HOPE that this leads to more awareness on other types of mass genocide going on across the world. I hope that Kony 2012 is the first of MANY movements of people in the United States standing up for what is wrong in the world. I mean, we could all be doing a little more don't you think? Yes, this includes myself.
Fact Checking Kony Video via NPR
3. Unfair
The past year I have learned that unfair things happen to people who deserve nothing but the best. This "unfairness" that has happened, has made me realize that we can turn a bad moment into a good moment. Really, we can dwell and dwell and dwell on why things are the certain way? Why can people treat people so rudely? How can people think it is okay in the way they behave? How will they feel at the end of the day/year/life after they review how they made people feel/affected their life? Clearly, that is me dwelling OR we can catch ourselves in these moments and realize we can ONLY control how we treat others and how we behave. Now, trying to teach this to eighth graders is ANOTHER ball game.
I am not perfect, hahahah. Many of you know, that the fiesty red head gene comes out in me more often than I would like. I would like to think it's because I am standing up for certain things, however, some things get the best of me. I am simply stating in the past year I have learned to give up some of the control that I usually desire to have and realize that I can't fix everything, nor can I control everything.
It all happens for a reason, right? I will control what I can control, my behavior, and who I affect. I will not EVER be able to fully control anyone else (that's debatable at times haha).
Those are my three tangents that I felt necessary to share. Why? Because I can, social media has allowed me. :)
Treat others kindly, and enjoy the life we have :)
Love, Kelcey
Thursday, March 8, 2012
What does Dodd think?
Posted by Unknown | 1:27 PM |
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Adventure
Categories
- anxiety (1)
- exhaustion (1)
- home owner (2)
- moving (1)
- project home (3)
- renovate (1)
Blog Archive
Total Pageviews
Followers
Labels
- anxiety (1)
- exhaustion (1)
- home owner (2)
- moving (1)
- project home (3)
- renovate (1)
Kelc, embrace your fiery redhead genes...it's part of your charm! And I love reading your tangents so keep 'em coming.
ReplyDelete