Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Press play... now read.

No, I'm not kidding. Press play on the song to the right called "Some Nights" by Fun. My friends from my youth and adolescence know that I firmly believe that songs "speak to me".They do. There is no arguing that. And this is one of them, what do I stand for? Most nights, I don't know.


This song leads me to self-analysis with a catchy tune. All the workings to hook me in and become obsessed and play on repeat for about 10 days. Ask Katie Zeller, my roommate of ten years.. she can attest that I would be blaring Alicia Keys and the next song would be Bob Seger and evoke the same amount of emotions from me. It might have even been on a completely different level. 


To be cliche, the movie Garden State sums it up, "You gotta here this one song. It'll change your life." 


Anyways.. also check out "Carry On" by Fun. Scroll all the way down to the bottom. It's there, I linked it for you. I'm soooo good at blogging. haha. Also obsessed with it. 


Sooooo, what have I been up to?? A little bit of this, a little bit of that. 

March Madness and The Kansas Jayhawks

I am a woman who loves the month of March. I enjoyed having Spring Break off and watching the teams from my couch. I could give you the play-by-play of my emotions, but that would be boring. Rather, I will tell you that for some reason college basketball draws the most emotional/heartfelt/sentimental feelings one could imagine a sport drawing, and I'm just a fan. I do credit The University of Kansas for allowing me to enjoy college basketball with  a large amount of success, but March Madness is much more than that. I thoroughly enjoy watching the underdogs come back, the boys ahem, men wearing their heart on their sleeve, and basketball being played to its utmost skill (usually).

I would catch myself, "being a woman" and tearing up with those who were down, and those on the bench locking arms and putting towels over their head. I would cringe with those who collapse as the clock ticks down to 0. Everything in those 40 minutes is so emotional. It's better than a movie. The suspense, surprise, the peaks, the lows, and then the cliffhangers. At times, I thought I wasn't breathing.

Now, that I declared my love for the tournament. I got to enjoy the Jayhawks going back to the Big Dance. I went to St. Louis for the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight. I watched the game with family and it was amazing. For the second time, I got to witness Roy losing to the Jayhawks (yes, I'm a brat and I still smile when this happens). The reason I loved this so much because four years ago I was surrounded by my best friends in our glory days of taking home the National Title. It was indescribable, so I won't even try... but the fact that I might get the chance to relive it was sooo amazing. I am not 22 anymore, and wouldn't even begin to hang with my 22 year old self.. thank god for that or I would have been in the hospital getting stitches in my foot. I cheered on the Jayhawks, I watched them surpass every expectation and I had a bittersweet end to my March Madness. However, I still can't wait til next year.




St. Louis- Elite Eight





St. Pat's, Easter, and so on...

Now that I ranted and raved about the Jayhawks and March Madness, I don't have much more to say. I celebrated St. Patrick's Day with great friends. I have been coaching track the past month and am certainly enjoying it. Coaching kids is completely different from teaching kids and I am glad I get to see both sides. It is truly amazing to get to know these kids. Those of you that know me, know that I love my kids .. I would adopt them all if I could. I couldn't ask for anything more right now... 


Easter- some of you know that the Caster tradition of Easter involved the Easter Egg toss. We draw numbers, and have a partner and toss the egg back and forth 'til it breaks. The fun in the game is the fact that it'll break over someones hands, clothes, face, etc. John and Craig took home the prize this year. 

Check out this form... 


The Dodd Family



Last, but not least... EVERYONE loves Lincoln.. even Gramps.




I promise to update more. I know you guys love it. The end of the eighth grade year is busy, but I will update you with some awesome anecdotes. 


Remember, every song speaks to someone. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment