As we get older many of us have conversations about what we are doing in our life. Are we doing it in the right order? Am I moving too slow? Some of my friends are married, should I be? Is my biological clock ticking? Should I be young, wild, and free while I can? What am I doing with my life? Is this what I want? The list could go on and on...
I stumbled upon this article and though I should share. Many of my friends and have these conversations and we compare each other to our peers on a daily basis. Dr. Meg Jay points out the importance of our 20's and the decisions we make in our 20's. I agree that the 20's could be the time that shape us the most and really define who we are as a person, and I agree that culture/media/society is giving the impression to keep on LIVIN' IT UP as in your teens. Now, I am always down with having a good time and being carefree, however, lifetime/important decisions are definitely starting to have more permanence and importance.
What do you think??
Food for thought....
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jennagoudreau/2012/04/24/why-we-need-to-take-20-somethings-seriously/
http://www.npr.org/2012/04/22/150429128/our-roaring-20s-the-defining-decade
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Forever Young? Or Not So Much...
Posted by Unknown | 12:46 PM |
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Adventure
Categories
- anxiety (1)
- exhaustion (1)
- home owner (2)
- moving (1)
- project home (3)
- renovate (1)
Blog Archive
Total Pageviews
Followers
Labels
- anxiety (1)
- exhaustion (1)
- home owner (2)
- moving (1)
- project home (3)
- renovate (1)
0 comments:
Post a Comment