It's been a while since I have blogged. Well, it's been a long while since I have had time to do a lot, or so it feels.
The Big News: Matt and I tried out and made an audition video for The Amazing Race. Yes, a reality TV show. Wish us luck!
Since I last blogged. I was able to return to my homeland of Lawrence and stroll down Mass Street and eat at one of my favorite restaurants Zen Zero with two of my best friends, Annie and Bri.
| Bri, me and Annie.. yes I have a very small head. |
| Shrimp chips. The best appetizer and snack ever! |
Other than that...
The eighth grade year is coming to a close, which brings me to packing up my classroom and working on eighth grade activities. I didn't realize eighth grade had so much going on in the last few weeks of school. We have promotion (graduation), field day, Worlds of Fun, Day at the K, and many more exciting activities going on.
May is a crazy month. I recently got a job at The Home Depot. I decided to this because it is a change of pace from waiting tables, less exhausting, and sadly enough.. a little more healthy on the body. Don't get me wrong, I loved waiting tables.. but it also took a toll on many other aspects of my life. Home Depot will be a learning experience and a new adventure I am looking forward to. It's something I am not completely comfortable with, as much as I am mexican food (ha), therefore, it'll be a perfect time to grow in a different way.
I also am teaching part-time at The Barstow summer camp. It is from 8-12 everyday for the month of June. I am excited to do a "less structured" form of teaching. However, get this.... I AM TEACHING MATH. Yes, I said it, Mathematics. THe thing I dread the most, next to white onions. However, another challenge for my self to take on. It is sixth grade math, so dear lord, let's hope I can teach it.
0 comments:
Post a Comment